The AVN-GMC PTP Grandmaster Clock is now Shipping
Announced at the end of last year, the AVN-GMCS is a PTP GPS receiver and grandmaster clock used for synchronising AoIP audio networks, such as those used by RAVENNA and AES67. IEEE1588-2008 PTPv2 (precision time protocol) is used to synchronise all the nodes within a network. To achieve this one of the nodes must become the master clock and distribute time packets to the others. The AVN-GMCS is designed to perform this role simply and accurately, enabling sub micro second synchronisation between all nodes.
After successful trials performed by other manufacturers using the unit to sync their AoIP networks to ensure compatibility, the product has been released. New features that have been added into the latest hardware include:
- The front screen now displays the number of GPS satellite signals received.
- More profiles have been added (including the default RAVENNA and media AES67 profiles) together with a ‘custom’ profile for creating your own.
- A front display screen saver which shows the current time.
- A real time clock has been added to the unit so that accurate time/day will be available even after being repowered.
- The new web interface is responsive so it can be used on mobile devices and smaller screens.
- The PPS and wordclock outputs are interchangeable so either output can be used for wordclock or PPS.
For more information please email us at [email protected].