Leading audio codec manufacturer Tieline today announced a new firmware upgrade v2.18.48 that delivers a range of exciting new features absolutely free to all customers with Genie and Merlin codecs.
“This new firmware release delivers an exciting range of new features in Merlin and Genie codecs,” said Charlie Gawley, VP Sales APAC & EMEA. “The new matrix editor in the Toolbox Web-GUI provides comprehensive audio routing options, plus there is a wide-range of other enhancements.”
The configurable Matrix Editor has simple routing controls for all inputs and outputs. This feature also supports saving and recalling matrices for connections with different routing requirements. “When used in conjunction with the automated Program Scheduler in Tieline’s HTML5 Toolbox software, the Matrix Editor is a powerful feature allowing engineers to adjust audio routing for different remotes or audio distribution setups at any time of the day,” said Gawley.
Other improvements in the release include:
- Support for asymmetric encoding.
- Upgraded security features and enhanced firewall settings.
- Inclusion of 1 x stereo and 4 x mono programs in Merlin PLUS.
- The ability to import/export individual programs.
- Updates to GPIO functionality, including virtual IOs and enhanced rules functionality.
- Improvements to alarms.
Click here to download new v2.18.48 firmware for Tieline Merlin, Merlin PLUS, Genie STL and Genie Distribution codecs.