Nautel GV Series Software Version 5.0.0 is a Software update suitable for all Nautel GV Series transmitters. This release is considered CRITICAL for those who require any of the bug fixes/improvements identified below. Nautel recommends you upgrade at your earliest convenience, during your next scheduled site visit.
For those who do not require any of the bug fixes/improvements identified below or are satisfied with current transmitter behaviour, this release is considered NON-CRITICAL and Nautel typically does not recommend you upgrade under these circumstances. If you choose to upgrade, Nautel recommends you perform the upgrade during a regularly scheduled site inspection. In the event you require support from Nautel Customer Service, they may require you to perform an upgrade to the latest software release in order to resolve your issue if deemed necessary.
Note: As a result of this release, Nautel’s MIBs have been modified to meet stricter criteria for SNMP v2c compliance, and therefore, as part of the upgrade process, ensure your MIBs are also updated.
Release Notes and Upgrade files are available on the Nautel FTP site:
Software Upgrade procedures can be found in IS15006A, GV Series – Burning Compact Flash Card and IS19013, GV Series – Burning OS files on SSD. Please be sure to review and understand the complete set of instructions prior to beginning your upgrade.
Note: Multiple software upgrades may be required in order to complete the upgrade process.
• None at this time.
Improvements / Enhancements:
- Improved out-of-band spectral performance, specifically in IBOC modes of operation.
- Improved stability for streaming audio and audio files.
- Improved system stability and network stability/connectivity.
- Increased the default RDS Injection Level from 0% to 5%.
- Nautel’s MIBs have been modified to meet a stricter criteria of SNMP v2c compliance.
- The syntax of traps listed in the MIBs has been changed to conform to the notification syntax expected by SNMP v2c.
- Trap OIDs now explicitly contain a ‘0’ node prior to the trap node number, a requirement for SNMP v2c.
- Any customers who had previously worked around the omission of the node should no longer do so to maintain functionality.
- Nautel has overhauled the OID groups to both be SNMP v2c compliant and to better reflect the current state of the OIDs and their logical groupings.
- As part of this rework, a new node has been placed in the group OIDs to describe the status of a group(whether an OID is deprecated or current). As such, deprecated OIDs will be placed within their own groups.
- As part of this rework, a new node has been placed in the group OIDs to describe whether the OIDs contained within the group are trap OIDs. As such, trap OIDs will be placed within their own groups.
* Please be sure to review and understand the complete set of instructions prior to beginning your upgrade.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.