The 1RU Bridge-IT XTRA is a cost effective, high-performance, point-to- point and multi-point stereo IP audio codec with all the features of the Bridge-IT IP codec and more!
Bridge-IT XTRA includes dual power supplies, front and rear panel stereo headphone sockets, 4 GPIO in/outs and aptX® Enhanced as standard. It also includes SD/SDHC card audio backup.
Bridge-IT XTRA is capable of transporting audio streams reliably, simply and effectively over IP data networks such as wired and wireless LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is perfect for:
- Studio-to-Transmitter Link (STL) applications
- Studio-to-Studio Links
- IP Multi-unicasting
- IP multicasting on compatible IP networks
- Simple remote broadcast links
Bridge-IT XTRA is inexpensive and allows broadcasters to expand their IP network at a fraction of the cost of competing IP codecs without compromising on broadcast quality features. Unlike most low cost IP audio codecs, Bridge-IT XTRA has all the broadcast input connectors you would expect on a full-featured codec. Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs are provided on XLR connectors and it includes front and rear panel ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone outputs.
- Suitable for point-to-point and multi-point IP connections over IP networks including WANs like the internet.
- EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatibility over IP
- Linear audio with a suite of high quality broadcast algorithms as standard, including aptX® Enhanced, AAC-LC, AAC
- HE v.1 and AAC-HE v.2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, AAC-ELDv2
- Tieline’s loss-tolerant MusicPLUS algorithm provides up to 22 kHz stereo audio quality with 20ms coding delay at bit rates as low as 96kbps – making it ideal for today’s IP and 3G networks.
- Tieline Music can deliver up to 15 kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as 24Kbps, with only 20 milliseconds encoding delay.
- SmartStream IP software automatically manages jitter buffering, forward error correction and packet repair.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- Web GUI for programming codec functionality and RS232 data connections.
- Broadcast quality analog XLR inputs/outputs.
- XLR digital AES/EBU input/output.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs.
- Onboard SDHC card slot for automatic audio failover.
- ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output on front and rear panels.
- Dual redundant IEC power sockets.
- 4 relay inputs and 4 opto-isolated outputs plus RS-232 for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- USB slave connection for codec configuration.