The Davicom DV-208 and DV-216 are designed to meet the requirements of the broadcasting and wireless telecommunications industries. These best-in-class, stand-alone monitoring and control units interface easily with virtually any type of remote site equipment and sensors, which ensures maximum flexibility and expandability. Reliable and comprehensive remote monitoring and control technology is essential for stations with remote transmitter sites. These units have been designed and tested to withstand harsh RF environments. Immediate access to real-time site information, like transmitter status, antenna VSWR, audio/video levels and presence, mains and auxiliary power levels, temperature, tower lighting, fire alarm and building security status can be just a mouse click away.
Thanks to their modular design these units can be configured for small and large sites.
Multiple Input/Output configurations allow you to choose the appropriate size unit. Expansion can be achieved by networking up to 4 units through Ethernet connections.
- Units use industry-standard 50-pin Champ connectors for all its Input/Output points.
Remote Control, Monitoring and Interrogation
- Ethernet jack #1 allows fully integrated IP capability, including the ability to send alarm messages through e-mail;
- Telephone jack allows remote control/monitoring/interrogation through landline. Monitor audio inputs live over the phone and send commands using DTMF tones;
- Serial ports IOIOI #1 and #2 allow remote control/monitoring/interrogation through GSM, satellite or landline external Hayes-compatible modems;
- Line-in audio jack allows remote monitoring in stereo of external audio sources.
Local Control, Monitoring and Interrogation
- USB port to connect to a laptop (from the front panel);
- Serial port to connect to a laptop or PDA2 (from the front panel);
- Stereo headphone jack to locally monitor audio inputs (from the front panel).
- Local and pause push buttons (on the front panel) allow on-site technicians to work safely.
On-site Ancillary Equipment
- Ethernet jack #2 can ping up to 32 on-site ancillary equipment (or connect a master unit to a slave unit);
- Serial ports #1 to #8 can control on-site ancillary equipment in pass-through mode;
- USB port to connect, for example: external memory for data logging, an external modem, etc.;
- Microphone jack to connect surveillance microphones, for example;
- Plug for an AC/DC converter to monitor power fail on mains;
1 No voice interface and no DTMF control when external modems are used.
2 Serial port adapter for PDA not included.
Metering (Analog) Inputs
|Resolution: 12 bits;Bipolar / Differential;|
3 selectable ranges: -2.5 to +2.5, -10 to +10 and -20 to +20 VDC;
4-20mA input mode jumper selectable;
Impedance > 100 kOhms;
True-RMS converter (optional): 60 Hz to 20 kHz.
Status (Digital) Inputs
Impedance > 22 kOhms;
Detection levels: -12 to +0.8 VDC (low), +2.4 to +12 VDC (high).
-20 to +10 dBm (300-3000 Hz); Impedance 10 kOhms.
Line in & MIC in
PC sound-card standard LINE-IN and MIC-IN connections.
Selectable NO/NC dry contact relays (70 VAC @ 0.4 A, 30 VDC @ 2 A) or open collector (100 mA)
Auxiliary DC Outputs
5 VDC @ 250mA max, 12VDC @ 500mA max >> Total combined 750mA max
5 VDC @ 250mA max per I/O board, 12VDC @ 500mA max per I/O board
>> Total combined 1500mA max*
Local Access Port
115200 bps, DB9 female connector located on front panel; or115200 bps, USB Type B connector located on front panel.
Serial Ports for On-Site Ancillary Equipment
1200 to 115200 bps, DB9 male connectors located on rear panel.
Extra Serial Ports for On-Site Ancillary Equipment through USB Hub & Dongles
1200 to 115200 bps, DB9 male on USB dongles connected through USB hub.
Serial Ports for External Modems
1200 to 57600 bps, DB9 male connector located on rear panel.
Extra Ports for External Modems through USB Hub
USB modems required. Must support Linux CDC drivers.
RJ-11 jack located on rear panel;Voice/Fax/Data;
56 kbps maximum;
Fax up to 14400 bps;
External USB Storage through USB Hub
Up to 4 external USB memory devices. FAT32 formatted devices only.
Real Time Clock (RTC)
3.8 PPM between -10°C and +60°C. Equivalent to 10 seconds per month.
11.5-14.5 VDC, 1.5 A Max.
250 V, 3 A
Tested to 10 V/m
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
Tested to 12 kV
Operating Temperature Range
0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)-40 to 70°c available
* Total combined max reduced to 1000mA with 24/48 VDC power option installed in unit.
|Dimensions||2 RU19 x 3.5 x 12 in (W x H x D)|
48.3 x 8.9 x 30.5 cmWeight208:8 lbs (3.6 kg) dry
9 lbs (4.1 kg) shipping
10 lbs (4.5 kg) dry
11 lbs (5 kg) shipping